source site College College Policy on Reduction of Tuition Fee Liability and Refunds for students who withdraw, suspend or discontinue their studies.
see url Effective from Academic Session 2015-16
This policy relates to the portion of the tuition fee that is paid directly by the student or by a private sponsor. The purpose of this document is to provide guidance on when refunds of tuition fees will be made by the College and how they will be calculated.
This policy relates to the portion of the tuition fee that is paid directly by the student or by a private sponsor.
- Any refund of tuition fees and or reduction in tuition fee liability is at the discretion of the Imperial College Britannia.
- In all cases, any other debt owing to the College will be subtracted from any refund of fees.
- The calculation of any refund which may be due will be based on personal contributions that have been paid for tuition fees less the fee liability. The College will apply the following rules when calculating fee liability for students who are withdrawn from College:
- In the case of programmes of study where fees are credit based, or which are designated by the College as distance learning, the fee liability will be calculated on the number of credits for which the student is registered.
- In the case of students who have left their programme of study refunds will only be made when the College’s student withdrawal procedure has been correctly followed and the student is recorded as withdrawn in the College student records system.Retrospective or backdated withdrawals will be verified against College attendance records. If this is not possible the date of withdrawal will be taken as the date that the notification of withdrawal is received by Registry.
- Where tuition fees are wholly or partially paid by a third party, the refund rules will be superseded by any relevant arrangement agreed by the College, concerning the student and the third party.
- All refunds will only be made to the bank and account holder (or other financial institution) that originally paid the fee. Refunds are not made in cash.
- Where a student undertakes an approved temporary suspension of their studies, tuition fees already paid will not normally be refunded but retained until studies are resumed or permanent withdrawal occurs. Students who suspend their studies remain liable to pay any outstanding fees which may be due at the point of suspension.
- Any undergraduate student who subsequently withdraws or suspends before the 1st day of 2nd month, will become liable for the fee due for their period of study up to this date. ICB will not pay any tuition fees to the student, if or if not leaves before the census date.
- Any English, Welsh or Northern Irish national undergraduate electing to take a tuition fee loan and who subsequently withdraws or suspends before the liability dates will become liable for the fee due for their period of study.
- Consideration may be given to making refunds to students who have to withdraw due to exceptional mitigating circumstances. The College shall consider each case on merit. Such cases must be submitted in writing to the Accounts Receivable team who shall liaise with the appropriate departments. Cases based on serious medical problems or bereavement (where evidence can be provided) are usually accepted, but academic and financial difficulties are not normally regarded as acceptable reasons for any refund or reduction in fee liability.
Complaints about refund decisions or the refund process should be put in writing and addressed to the Complaints Officer.
PAYMENT OF REFUNDS
- Please allow 2 weeks from requesting a refund to receiving it.
- All refunds will be calculated in UK Sterling.
- Where payment of tuition fees is split between more than one payer, any refund due will be made in proportion to the original split.
- Cash refunds are not made.
- Documentary evidence of sponsorship is required before any refund of personal contributions towards fees can be considered. This may include copies of award notices from funding bodies or letters from sponsors confirming details of the tuition support to be provided.
All refunds will be paid back as follows:
Original payment method
- Debit card
- Credit Card
- Cheque from student
- Cheque from other sponsor
- Bank transfer/draft
- Cash (cash payments are not accepted for tuition fee payments).
Paid back by
- Debit card used for original payment
- Credit card used for original payment
- ICB to student bank account
- ICB to original sponsor bank account
- ICB to bank account used for original payment
- Where cash is accepted for other types of payment refunds will be made by cheque to the original payer
THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER;
- Non-refundable tuition fee deposits of £1500.
- Purchases made from the ICB Online Store
If you require any further information regarding tuition fee refunds please e- mail the Accounts Receivable team http://sandsfoot.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1524760374.2444760799407958984375 [email protected] or call us (44) 800 0903174. To help us deal with your enquiry please quote your student number in all correspondence.